- Butterflies circle the protagonist's SOUL counter-clockwise (2 of these butterflies will be green if you Pray).
- Butterflies rise from the bottom of the screen three at a time in rapid succession.
- To spare this monster, you first need to Pray and then collect at least one of the green butterflies on screen. These also heal the protagonist for 1HP each.
- It is also possible to spare this monster by praying twice, even if no green butterflies are collected.
- It is also possible to spare this monster by consoling it.
- If found with Astigmatism, challenging Astigmatism will also meet Whismalot's spare conditions.
- Note that this method will also work for Final Froggit.
- I've made my choice. [Neutral]
- I've made my peace. [Console]
- I'm not afraid of you. [Terrorize]
- Not this time. [Neutral]
- No regrets. [Neutral]
- *Shine shine* [Neutral]
- Courage ... [Stand up to Astigmatism]
- There's still hope. [Pray]
- Don't give up! [Pray]
- It finally stopped worrying. [Check]
- Whimsalot spins its weapon around. [Neutral]
- Smells like nightshade and bleach. [Neutral]
- Whimsalot shakes its head dismissively [Neutral]
- Whimsalot flutters silently. [Neutral]
- Whimsalot locks eyes with you. [Neutral]
- Whimsalot's flying stutters. [Attack]
- Whimsalot rushed in! [Encounter alone]
- Whimsalot and Final Froggit appeared. [Encounter with Final Froggit]
- Can you believe it? [Encounter with Final Froggit during Hard Mode]
- What a nightmare! [Encounter with Final Froggit and Astigmatism]
- Whimsalot and Parsnik appeared. [Encounter with Parsnik]
- Party from hell. [Encounter with Moldessa and Parsnik]
- You kneel and pray for safety. Whimsalot remembers its conscience. [Pray]
- Whimsalot doesn't want to fight anymore. [When spare conditions are met]
- Whimsalot's flying stutters. [Low HP]
- Whimsalot's name comes from Whimsun and Lancelot, the most famous knight of King Arthur's Round Table. Its name also may come from the fact that it "whims a lot."
- Whimsalot is part of the Reaper Bird, one of the Amalgamates.
- Losing its mask when spared or killed may be a reference to the battles with Meta Knight from the Kirby series. When defeated, the character in question loses his mask, then disappears.
- As well as Whimsun, Whimsalot has quotes and flavor text that may be interpreted as references to depression and suicide.
|Main Characters||Flowey • Toriel • Sans • Papyrus • Undyne • Alphys • Mettaton • Asgore Dreemurr • Frisk • Chara|
|Ruins Enemies||Dummy • Froggit • Whimsun • Moldsmal • Loox • Vegetoid • Migosp • Napstablook|
|Snowdin Enemies|| Snowdrake • Chilldrake • Ice Cap • Gyftrot • Doggo|
Dogamy and Dogaressa • Lesser Dog • Greater Dog • Jerry • Glyde
|Waterfall Enemies||Aaron • Moldbygg • Woshua • Temmie • Mad Dummy • Shyren|
|Hotland Enemies||Vulkin • Tsunderplane • Pyrope • Muffet • Royal Guards • So Sorry|
|CORE Enemies||Final Froggit • Whimsalot • Astigmatism • Madjick • Knight Knight|
|Amalgamates||Memoryhead • Endogeny • Reaper Bird • Lemon Bread • Snowdrake's Mother|
|Hard Mode-only enemies||Parsnik • Moldessa • Migospel|
|Vendors||Nice Cream Guy • Snowdin Shopkeeper • Gerson • Tem Shop • Bratty and Catty • Burgerpants|
|Other Characters|| NPCs • Monster Kid • Annoying Dog • River Person • Eight Humans • Asriel Dreemurr|
W. D. Gaster • Lost Souls