|This page is available in following languages:|
|For general information about translations of Undertale Wiki, see Project:Translations.|
Undertale Wiki, as of 4th August 2016, has an official Discord server. Discord is a better alternative to the Wikia chat and can be accessed through a web browser or variety of apps for different platforms.
How to join
- To join the Undertale Wiki Discord server, you would have to have a Wikia account. If you don't, you can register one here.
- Register your account on Discord. You can afterwards download a client for the device you are on.
- The widget showing the Undertale Wiki Discord server can be found in the right sidebar on a normal wiki page, or you can also go to the Join section. The "Connect" button can be found on the bottom of it.
- After joining, you'll find yourself in the
#infochannel. You'll find the channel list on the left hand side, which should contain only
- Go to
#post_your_username_here, type in your Wikia username and wait for staff members to grant you access to other channels afterwards. It is required to post your username in the span of 10 minutes after joining the server otherwise you'd be kicked from the server.
Roles on Discord are like user groups on Wikia; they are used to put people in different groups that sometimes have different appearance and permissions.
|Name||Given to||Permissions||Mentionable||Separated in the user list|
|Administrators||Administrators||In addition to normal staff member permissions, can change several additional server settings||Yes||No|
|Discussions Moderators||Discussions Moderators||Same as regular staff members||Yes||No|
|Content Moderators||Content Moderators||Same as regular staff members||Yes||No|
|Patrollers||Patrollers||Same as regular staff members||Yes||No|
|Chat Moderators||Chat Moderators||Same as regular staff members||Yes||No|
|Retired Staff||Retired staff members||Same as normal members||No||No|
|Translators||Translators||Same as normal members||No||No|
|Staff||Staff members||In adddition to member permissions can kick, ban, manage roles and channels, server-widely mute and deafen members, move members to different voice channels and delete and pin messages||Yes||Yes|
|Members||Verified Wikia users||In addition to standard permissions, can access all channels, create instant invites, change their nickname, use external emoticons and send files||No||Yes|
|MTT-Brand Bots||Bots||None. Only have channel-specific permissions.||No||Yes|
|Utility Bots||Utility bots, such as the verification bot, that require global permissions.||Can manage roles and messages.||No||No|
|Watchers||Users that request it.|| Has permission to access the ||No||No|
|everyone||Don't mention this role.||None||Yes||No|
| ||Channel for outlining the rules and news|
| ||Discussion that doesn't go in any other channel|
| ||All Undertale-related discussion goes here|
| ||For off-topic conversation|
| ||For bot commands|
| ||Suggestions for new features to be added to the server|
| || Discussion about games. Undertale-specific discussion goes to |
| ||For posting any kind of art.|
| ||For using music bot commands and music/video discussion in general|
| ||Works similarly to Admin Reports thread|
| ||If you are here, there is likely something wrong about your behavior|
| ||Used for new server members to post their usernames in order to gain the Members role|
| ||Channel where a bot relays all changes from the wiki. To access this channel, ask Staff for the Watcher role|
| ||Only for aiding in voice chat. Locked to prevent abuse while people are not talking in the voice chat|
| ||For general discussion|
| ||For listening to music|
| ||AFK channel. People that are inactive and in other channels will be placed here automatically|
- Rules from wiki policy apply.
- Give the present wiki staff your Wikia username. If you don't give your username to wiki staff members in the span of 10 minutes after joining the server, you'll get kicked from the server.
- Excessive minimodding. This is when a non-moderating user attempts to take on the role of a mod by telling users how to behave.
- Anything goes within PMs, although harassment via PMs will lead to a block.
- Swearing is allowed, but not excessively. Excessive usage may result in a kick or a ban.
- Linking to blatantly NSFW content will result in an instantaneous ban. Linking to pornography, gore, anything that is really unseemly, and graphic discussion is absolutely forbidden. Slight innuendos and jokes are allowed.
- Personal attacks, harassment, insults, bigotry, racism, etc. will result in a ban.
- Slurs, or derogatory remarks against minorities, will result in a ban. (i.e., n****r, f****t, etc.) Abbreviations or derivatives of such words are not allowed either.
- Violation of personal privacy will result in a ban. This includes revealing information about others against their will, such as announcing their real name, location, age, gender, etc.
- Actions that disrupt rational conversation will result in a ban. This includes trolling, spamming, and speaking in all caps.
- Don't go out of your way to irritate others. You can have arguments and debates, but don't get too passionate. Avoid unnecessary conflict, and don't start drama. No organization of chat invasions of other wikis.
- Do not roleplay. If you wish to roleplay, do it within a private chat or on the Undertale Roleplay Wiki.
- Chat games are allowed, but only if they don't obstruct the flow of conversation.
- Sockpuppeting will result in an instant ban. (Abusing multiple accounts.)
- Do not abuse Chat Tags. This means that you should avoid using them in ways that obstruct the flow of chat. They are fine in moderation, but don't overuse them.
- Overall, keep the chat PG13, and don't be a jerk.
Topics of Discussion
- Discussion is not limited to Undertale.
- Please stay on the topic of a channel you are talking in.
- Avoid spoiling the game for players that have not completed it.
- If someone comes into the chat that has not yet finished the game, and is looking for guidance, try to help them with whatever issue they may be having.
The Discord server utilizes several bots. They are there for multiple purposes, which will be listed below. Every one of them has certain commands that can be sent to them to list all the available commands. Most bots can only be used from the
|(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ✧･ﾟ*✧spoo.py✧*･ﾟ✧ヽ(◕ヮ◕)ﾉ||MTT-Brand CommandBot||Has several commands|| |
|42||MTT-Brand CommandBot Lite||Has several commands|| |
|Gravebot||MTT-Brand CommandBot MK-2||Surprisingly, has several commands|| |
|HatBot||MTT-Brand Hat Dispenser||Puts hats on avatars of users with a command|| |
|Tatsumaki||MTT-Brand Jackpot Machine||Has too many commands|| |
|Novica44||MTT-Brand Music Player||Plays music in the music channel|| |
|Novica44||MTT-Brand Username Sort-o-Matic||Helps in user verification. Can only be used by staff||N/A|
Not speaking English? There are Discord servers for other Undertale wikis!
- RU/Undertale Community/ (Russian)
- Polish Undertale Wiki Discord
- Wikia Undertale Français (French)
- U.T. Wiki (Spanish)