Gyftrot appears to have the body of a reindeer with noticeable differences. They have a mouth that opens sideways which contain a bunch of pointy teeth. Their antlers branch in three different directions, two of them pointing up having pine trees on top of them. It also appears to have a pair of eyes on its antlers. Other basic details are the four polka dots on their back, and the variety of decorations they have on, such as a cup, a picture frame, streamers, etc. The protagonist can add googly eyes to Gyftrot, or undecorate them.
Gyftrot is a paranoid and irritated monster. This behavior arose due to some other monsters (likely kids) decorating them without their consent. When the protagonist meets Gyftrot, they get very irritated from their presence since the protagonist also has a "youthful demeanor." Defying this, if the protagonist [undecorates] Gyftrot, they would be forever grateful and start to trust them. If the protagonist decorates them afterward, however, this will come as a surprise attack and crush Gyftrot's trust for them, making them even more paranoid than they were before. According to Papyrus, Gyftrot really likes receiving gifts.
- Presents will shuffle, then rise from the screen; One will be Blue, they may be stationary or moving when they rise.
- Snowflakes will fall from above in wave patterns.
At the start of the battle, Gyftrot will have several decorations hanging from their antlers. The protagonist can spare Gyftrot after removing all decorations.
When undecorated, the protagonist can give Gyftrot a gift.
- Get this off of me... [Neutral, first turn]
- Hohohoh! Go ahead and laugh... [Neutral]
- Leave me alone... [Neutral]
- Is this funny to you? [Neutral]
- That's a little better. [Undecorate]
- A weight has been lifted. [Completely undecorated]
- GOSHDARN TEENAGE GOOGLY EYES! [Decorate]
- How do I know it's not a trick? [Gift before undecorating fully]
- Thanks for nothing! [Undecorate after decorating]
- Aw, you shouldn' have... [Gift after undecorating fully]
- Er... those are real. [Undecorate after undecorating fully]
- I WAS STARTING TO TRUST YOU!!! [Decorate after undecorating fully]
- Some teens "decorated" it as a prank. [Check]
- Gyftrot confronts you! [Encounter]
- Gyftrot distrusts your youthful demeanor. [Neutral]
- Ah, the scent of fresh pine needles. [Neutral]
- Gyftrot laments its lack of hands. [Neutral]
- You add some googly eyes you found on the ground. [Decorate]
- Can't improve upon perfection. [Decorate a second time]
- Gyftrot seems slightly less irritated. [Undecorate]
- Gyftrot's problems have been taken away. [Undecorate completely]
- Gyftrot looks disappointed. [Decorating after undecorating fully]
- You give 35 G because you can't think of an appropriate gift. [Gift with 35 or more gold]
- You give your remaining money because you can't think of a better gift. [Gift with 1 to 35 gold]
- Hey now. You aren't made of money. [Gift after gifting with gold]
- You give the cheapest gift of all... Friendship. [Gift with no gold]
- Hey now. You aren't made of friendship. [Gift after gifting with friendship]
- Gyftrot refuses your gift. [Gift before fully undecorated or after decorating]
- Gyftrot's antlers tremble. [Low HP]
- Gyftrot's name is likely a combination of "gift" and "trot." The word "gift" may refer to Gyftrot's Christmas theme and may also be a hint that the protagonist should use the Gift action on it; "trot" may refer to the way that Gyftrot walks. Although they are never seen walking in-game, it can be assumed from their name and appearance that Gyftrot would walk like a reindeer or a deer.
- Due to being heckled by monsters in and around Snowdin Forest, Gyftrot has inspired a Christmas-like tradition among monsters of the Underground, specifically those in Snowdin.
- In the epilogue of the True Pacifist Route, Gyftrot says that they will stay behind, stating that they will finally get some peace and quiet.
- If the protagonist puts googly eyes back on Gyftrot after undecorating them fully, they will say how they feel betrayed by them, and will not accept further gifts.
- Sometimes the Annoying Dog will appear as a decoration.
- Gyftrot's angled eyes above a sideways downward mouth bear resemblance to Photoshop Flowey.
- Gyftrot is one of the few monsters who rewards more GOLD if the protagonist spares it instead of killing it.
|Main Characters||Flowey • Toriel • Sans • Papyrus • Undyne • Alphys • Mettaton • Asgore Dreemurr • Frisk • Chara|
|Ruins Enemies||Dummy • Froggit • Whimsun • Moldsmal • Loox • Vegetoid • Migosp • Napstablook|
|Snowdin Enemies|| Snowdrake • Chilldrake • Ice Cap • Gyftrot • Doggo|
Dogamy and Dogaressa • Lesser Dog • Greater Dog • Jerry • Glyde
|Waterfall Enemies||Aaron • Moldbygg • Woshua • Temmie • Mad Dummy • Shyren|
|Hotland Enemies||Vulkin • Tsunderplane • Pyrope • Muffet • Royal Guards • So Sorry|
|CORE Enemies||Final Froggit • Whimsalot • Astigmatism • Madjick • Knight Knight|
|Amalgamates||Memoryhead • Endogeny • Reaper Bird • Lemon Bread • Snowdrake's Mother|
|Hard Mode-only enemies||Parsnik • Moldessa • Migospel|
|Vendors||Nice Cream Guy • Snowdin Shopkeeper • Gerson • Tem Shop • Bratty and Catty • Burgerpants|
|Other Characters|| NPCs • Monster Kid • Annoying Dog • River Person • Eight Humans • Asriel Dreemurr|
W. D. Gaster • Lost Souls