Fallen Down is the 4th track in the Undertale Soundtrack. This heartfelt, homely piece plays during multiple occasions where Toriel is interacting with the protagonist. It plays at various speeds throughout the game, but it is always slower than in the game files.
- A slower version of this track, Empty House, plays after killing Toriel and wandering through her house.
- According to an interview with Toby Fox, this was one of the six tracks originally composed for other projects. The other five were Heartache, Nyeh Heh Heh!, Bonetrousle, Another Medium, and MEGALOVANIA.
- This song was originally a contribution to "I Miss You - EarthBound 2012." The artbook states that Fallen Down was originally composed a "Game Over" theme similar to the one in The Legend of Zelda.
- This track plays at 0.85 speed during the early interactions with Toriel, then at 0.75 speed after Toriel's battle if she is spared and is saying goodbye to the protagonist.
- The term "fallen down" is strongly implied to mean "died" in the game. This could be a reference to the fact that the first seven humans that fell into the Underground died. This could also simply refer to the fact that the humans fell into the Underground - thus they had "fallen down".
|Undertale Demo Soundtrack|
|1 - 10|| Once Upon a Time • Menu • Your Best Friend • Fallen Down • Ruins|
Anticipation • Unnecessary Tension • Enemy Approaching • Ghost Fight • Determination
|11 - 16||Home • Heartache • End • Nyeh Heh Heh! • Home (Music Box) • Empty House|