- Using the Butterscotch Pie during the fight against Asgore lowers his attack and defense.
- Using the Butterscotch Pie during the Lost Soul fight against Toriel and Asgore helps to return their memories more effectively than ACTing.
- If the protagonist causes Toriel to go to her basement without going to sleep beforehand, they are unable to obtain the Butterscotch Pie.
- Butterscotch Pie is the only item in the game that always fully heals the protagonist without passive boosts (i.e. Burnt Pan). Dog Salad has the capability to max out the protagonist's health. However, it is not certain at any given time.
- In the True Pacifist Epilogue, most of the pie has been eaten by a Dog.
- ↑ "Most of the pie is gone. There are dog prints in it..." - when inspecting the Pie in Toriel's kitchen during the Epilogue.
|Consumables|| Monster Candy • Bandage • Spider Donut • Spider Cider • Butterscotch Pie / Snail Pie|
Snowman Piece • Bisicle / Unisicle • Cinnamon Bunny • Temmie Flakes • Abandoned Quiche
Dog Salad • Astronaut Food • Instant Noodles • Crab Apple • Hot Dog...? / Hot Cat
Glamburger • Sea Tea • Starfait • Legendary Hero • Bad Memory • Last Dream • Popato Chisps
Nice Cream • Junk Food • Steak in the Shape of Mettaton's Face • Hush Puppy
|Weapons|| Stick • Toy Knife • Tough Glove • Ballet Shoes • Torn Notebook|
Burnt Pan • Empty Gun • Worn Dagger / Real Knife
|Armor|| Bandage • Faded Ribbon • Manly Bandanna • Old Tutu • Cloudy Glasses|
Stained Apron • Cowboy Hat • Heart Locket / The Locket • Temmie Armor
|Miscellaneous||Punch Card • Annoying Dog • Dog Residue • Undyne's Letter (EX) • Mystery Key|
|Cut Content||Croquet Roll • Rock Candy • Pumpkin Rings • Stoic Onion • Ghost Fruit • Puppydough Icecream|